A brief overview
1877 - On April 15, Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church was organized with 22 charter members. Rev. Reinhold Pieper of Wrightstown served the members.
1878 - A wooden church was built.
1879 - Trinity joined the Evangelical Lutheran Synod of Wisconsin.
1880 - Reverend G.W. Albrecht of St. John's in Woodville served the congregation.
1885 - On June 14, Reverend William Hinnenthal was installed as the first pastor. Trinity's first one room parochial school was built where the parsonage now stands.
1889 - The charter for the church was granted.
1893 - On April 3, the first parsonage was built on the corner of Grignon and Tobacnoir.
1915 - Our present church building was dedicated, replacing the wooden building.
1917 - Reverend Hinnenthal passed away. In September, Reverend Paul Oehlert was installed as pastor.
1918 - A graded Sunday School was started.
1920 - Trinity began to conduct services in both English and German (instead of just German).
1924 - On February 24, the new Lutheran School was dedicated.
1953 - On April 12, a new parsonage was dedicated. It was built on the site of the old school.
1958 - On January 5, the new addition to the school was dedicated.
1965 - Reverend Oehlert retired in February. In March, Reverend John Mattek was installed as pastor.
1969 - A new front entrance was built on to our present church. The secretary's office, pastor's office, and Oak Room were added.
1978 - In August, Pastor Mattek left to serve St. Peter's in Sturgeon Bay. Pastor Andrew Martens was installed in October.
1982 - Pastor Mark Neitzel of St. John's in Woodville served as associate pastor.
1988 - In December, Pastor Martens left to serve Faith and St. Paul of Marquette, Michigan.
1990 - Pastor Ronald Raddatz was installed in July.
The first preschool program began in the fall.
1999 - The Activity Center was completed and dedicated.
2003 - Pastor Raddatz resigned in May. In July, Pastor Mark Luetzow was installed.
The old gymnasium was renovated and converted into offices. The school stage was restored.
2004 - Trinity expanded its mission outreach by calling a second pastor for the first time. Pastor Karl Schultz was installed on June 6th.
We hope to update this history in connection with the 125th anniversary of our school this year.
If you are looking for historical information in connection with our cemetery, please see the Kaukauna Public Library's local history site which has transcriptions and photos of gravestones.